SYLVIE DAKOTA HUHN
Artist and Information Professional
Master of Library Science
Concentration in Archive Studies 2016
Emporia State University, School of Library and Information Management, Distance Learning Program – Portland, OR
Bachelor of Art (with Honors)
Concentration in Painting 2012
Humboldt State University – Arcata, CA
– Solo Exhibition, Tiny’s Coffee NE, Portland, OR
– Solo Exhibition – Guest Artist, Fishbowl II at Blackfish Gallery, Portland, OR
– Solo Exhibition, Concordia University George R. White Library & Learning Center, Portland, OR
– Solo Exhibition, Backstory Books, Portland, OR
– Solo Exhibition, Vtopia Cheese Shop & Deli, Portland, OR
– Solo Exhibition, Tiny’s Coffee SE, Portland, OR
– The Nervous System: Rachel Mulder & Sylvie Dakota Huhn, Bare Bones Cafe, Portland, OR
– The Mnemonic Whale, Working Library, Portland, OR
– Funeral for Old Portland, AFRU Gallery, Portland, OR
– Solo Exhibition, Community Market, Sebastopol, CA
– Solo Exhibition, Gaia’s Garden, Santa Rosa, CA
– Mix It Up, Occidental Center for the Arts Gallery, Occidental, CA
– Earth, Wind and Fire, Occidental Center for the Arts Gallery, Occidental, CA
– November Group Art Show, Lifvendahl Fine Art Gallery, Guerneville, CA
– Sweet and Seedy, Big Umbrella Studios, San Francisco, CA
– 2012 Annual Juried Student Exhibition (Arthur Gonzalez, Juror), Reese Bullen Gallery, Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA
– Senior Art Show, Karshner Lounge Gallery, Humboldt State University
– Honor’s Collective, Foyer Gallery, Humboldt State University
– Dragon Summer: alumni artists emerging from Humboldt State University, First Street Gallery, Eureka, CA
– Remove Completely: paintings of the awkward and ephemeral by Sylvie Dakota Huhn, (solo student exhibition) Karshner Lounge Gallery, Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA
– 2011 Annual Juried Student Exhibition (Jon Rajkovich, Juror), Reese Bullen Gallery, Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA
– E2 8th Annual Invitational, Empire Squared Gallery, Eureka, CA
– Hog Wild!, Karshner Lounge Gallery, Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA
– Empire Squared 8th Annual Card Show, Humboldt Carpet Showroom, Eureka, CA
– Art3 Fundraiser, Reese Bullen Gallery, Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA
2013 – 14
– Artist’s Studio Assistant for Jenny Honnert Abell, Santa Rosa, CA
– HSU Art Department’s 205 Painting Award
– Painting Award – Senior Art Show
– Animal-themed Painting Award – Hog Wild! Show
– Martin Wong Scholarship for Painting
Humboldt State University. Art Department Brochure. Arcata: Humboldt State University, 2011. (Image of artwork published).
“Arts! Arcata.” North Coast Journal 9 Feb. 2012: p. 23.
Sylvie Dakota Huhn: “Remove Completely” Dir. Eva Rismanforoush. Documentary. Humboldt State University Production, 2012. DVD.
“Arts! Alive.” North Coast Journal 5 Jul. 2012: p. 27
“Sylvie Dakota Huhn.” First Street Gallery Artist Profile. First Street Gallery, 2012. Web. <http://www2.humboldt.edu/first/exhibitions/2012/dragon/huhn.html>
Data Specialist (Research Assistant I)
Oregon POLST Registry – 3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Rd. Portland, OR 97239 April 2019 – present
– Qualifies, enters, and activates patient-level medical records of Oregon POLST Registry forms into the PR database/registry system for a statewide digital health program for end-of-life medical care.
– Utilizes a database management system to administer HIPPA-protected data and maintain electronic files.
– Participates in research efforts to abstract relevant variables onto paper or web-based data forms.
– Deciphers a variety of patient handwriting and carefully proof-reads and identifies any potential discrepancies in entered data.
– Creates data visualizations of annual report.
– Collaborates with Director and Managers on policy changes and development.
– Assists with training new staff and serves as secondary phone operator.
– Prepares personalized information packets to be mailed to patients.
Cataloging Librarian (part time)
Concordia University – 2811 NE Holman St, Portland, OR 97211 May 2017 – June 2019
– Provided original and copy cataloging of library, institutional repository, and law library materials.
– Responsible for archives acquisitions, access, arrangement and description.
– Served as a liaison for archives and special collections.
– Performed traditional and electronic reference for students.
Reference Librarian & Public Services Lead
Mt. Hood Community College – 26000 SE Stark St, Gresham, OR 97030 May 2016 – April 2019
– Responsible for facilitating the operations of the Public Services desk and the daily check-in, processing and filing of the circulating and reserve collections.
– Provided reference and customer service support for patrons at an institution which served approximately 33,000 students a year.
– Assisted with collection maintenance and development projects.
– Created student and faculty ID cards for patrons, while resetting passwords for student email accounts.
– Performed instruction and research for students at the library reference desk.
– Collaborated with and supervised up to three student workers at the circulation desk.
– Recorded reference statistics for annual analysis of student inquiry.
Archives Student Assistant
City of Portland Archives and Record Center – 1800 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97201 Oct 2014 – July 2016
Primary duties involved supporting the Research Room and archivists by greeting patrons at the door and providing registration forms and retrieving records or microfilm from the stacks based on location and accession number. Reference copies and Low Res Scans were made of materials per request. Simultaneous activities consisted of processing the city’s archival collections: rehousing, labeling, organizing based on chronology and original order, and transcription of records.
Student Assistant, Historical Collections & Archives
Oregon Health & Science University Library – 3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Rd. Portland, OR 97239 Nov 2014 – May 2016
Reported to the University Archivist and provided support for reference activities and collection administration. Surveyed, indexed and processed a wide variety of materials including books, photographs and manuscript materials. Combined multiple indices of a collection with hundreds of accessions and produced a single, searchable index in Excel for HC&A’s Medical Museum. Created a finding aid for an expansive collection of photographs. Performs basic preservation tasks on incoming collections and as part of processing. Curated and installed an exhibit at the OHSU Library using artifacts and scanned prints from HC&A’s collections.
- Data Entry
- Alma and Primo
- OCLC Connexion
- HP Records Manager
- Archivist’s Toolkit
- Patron Service
- Portland Emerging Archivists (PEA) – member
- Northwest Archivists, Inc – member
- Recipient of the NWA At Large Student Scholarship – March 2016
- Poster session participant at the 2016 Northwest Archivists Conference in Seattle, WA
- Special Libraries Association/ ORSLA – member
- Gretchen Leslie Memorial Scholarship Fund awardee
- London, UK: Spring 2016 – Emporia State University, School of Library and Information Management, Course LI860XI
- Studied libraries, archives, special collections and multicultural services for 10 intensive days
- Paris, France: Spring 2008 – American Institute For Foreign Study, Santa Rosa Junior College
- Semester abroad for three months (February through May). General education courses in art history, fine art drawing, modern European history and government.